- Apple Ridge Family Medicine
- Tyrone Hospital
- Waynesboro Family Medical Associates,
- Graham Medical Clinic, C.P.
- Keystone Rural Health Consortia, Inc.
- Hyndman Area Health Center Inc
- Baxter Drew Wellmon II D.O., P.C.
- Natale J Falanga MD FACP PC
- Montgomery Family Practice, Inc.
- Southern Ohio Medical Inc
- Walnut Bottom Family Practice, LLC
ACO Governing Body
- Gallo, Gary, Voting Member, 1, ACO Participant Representative, Waynesboro Family Medical Associates, LLP
- Falanga, Natale, Voting Member, 1, ACO Participant Representative, Natale J Falanga MD FACP PC
- Quraishi, Sabir, Voting Member, 1, ACO Participant Representative, Southern Ohio Medical Inc.
- Wellmon, Baxter, Voting Member, 1, ACO Participant Representative, Baxter Drew Wellmon II D.O.,P.C.
- Smith, Talbot, Voting Member, 1, ACO Participant Representative, Apple Ridge Family Medicine
- Peluso, John, Voting Member, 1, ACO Participant Representative, Tyrone Regional Health Network
- Myers, Lisa, Voting Member, 1, ACO Participant Representative, Walnut Bottom Family Practice, LLC
- Adams, Lisa, Voting Member, 1, ACO Participant Representative, Hyndman Area Health Center Inc.
- Pion, Joseph, Voting Member, 1, ACO Participant Representative, Graham Medical Clinic,P.C.
- Bennardi, Kristie, Voting Member, 1, ACO Participant Representative, Keystone Rural Health Consortia, Inc.
- Kubala, Ginger, Voting Member, 1, ACO Participant Representative, Montgomery Family Practice
- Copenhaver, Richard, Voting Member, 1, Medicare Beneficiary Representative, N/A
- Mandel, Jeff, Voting Member, Chair Person, 1, ACO Executive, Aledade, Inc.
Key Clinical and Administrative Leadership
- ACO Executive: Jeff Mandel, MD
- Medical Director: Joseph Pion, DO
- Compliance Officer: Ms. Sarah Chasson
- Quality Assurance/Improvement Officer: Emily Maxson, MD
ACO Committees and Committee Leaderships
- Beneficiary Engagement Committee: Dr. Ginger Kubala, Chair, Dr. Stephen Rettig
- Performance Improvement Committee: Dr. Baxter Wellmon, Chair, Dr. Natale Falanga
- Transitions of Care Committee: Dr. Lisa Myers, Chair, Dr. Talbot Smith
- Compliance Committee:Kristie Bennardi, Sarah Chasson
- Evidence-Based Medicine Committee: Dr. Victor Lahnovych, Chair, Dr. Nora Olson
Composition of ACO
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC)
- ACO professionals in a group practice arrangement
- Networks of individual practices of ACO professionals
- Rural Health Clinic (RHC)
Amount of Shared Savings/Losses
First Agreement Period
- Performance Year 2017, $3,741,517
How Shared Savings Are Distributed
First Agreement Period
Performance Year 2017
Reinvest in infrastructure
Invested in redesigned care processes/resources
Distribution to ACO Participants
Primary Care Professionals
Quality Reporting Results
2017 Quality Performance Results:
|2017 Quality Performance Results:|
|Please note, the ACO-40 Depression Remission at 12 months quality measure is not included in public reporting due to low samples and the ACO-36 All-Cause Unplanned Admissions for Patients with Diabetes quality measure is not included in public reporting due to a non-material technical error.|
|ACO#||Measure Name||Rate||ACO Mean|
|ACO-1||CAHPS: Getting Timely Care, Appointments, and Information||82.04||80.6|
|ACO-2||CAHPS: How Well Your Providers Communicate||93.4||93.13|
|ACO-3||CAHPS: Patients’ Rating of Provider||93.19||92.31|
|ACO-4||CAHPS: Access to Specialists||82.92||83.32|
|ACO-5||CAHPS: Health Promotion and Education||72.14||62.3|
|ACO-6||CAHPS: Shared Decision Making||76.83||75.85|
|ACO-7||CAHPS: Health Status/Functional Status||76.51||73.05|
|ACO-34||CAHPS: Stewardship of Patient Resources||26.49||25.68|
|ACO-8||Risk Standardized, All Condition Readmission||14.83||15.01|
|ACO-35||Skilled Nursing Facility 30-day All-Cause Readmission measure (SNFRM)||16.96||18.46|
|ACO-37||All-Cause Unplanned Admissions for Patients with Heart Failure||61.14||79.16|
|ACO-38||All-Cause Unplanned Admissions for Patients with Multiple Chronic Conditions||51.79||61.74|
|ACO-43||Ambulatory Sensitive Condition Acute Composite (AHRQ* Prevention Quality Indicator (PQI #91))||1.58||1.93|
|ACO-11||Use of Certified EHR Technology||100||98.48|
|ACO-13||Falls: Screening for Future Fall Risk||97.84||74.38|
|ACO-44||Imaging Studies for Low Back Pain||81.82||67.32|
|ACO-14||Preventive Care and Screening: Influenza Immunization||94.6||72.52|
|ACO-15||Pneumonia Vaccination Status for Older Adults||95.37||72.92|
|ACO-16||Preventive Care and Screening: Body Mass Index (BMI) Screening and Follow-Up||75||70.69|
|ACO-17||Preventive Care and Screening: Tobacco Use: Screening and Cessation Intervention||99.38||90.48|
|ACO-18||Preventive Care and Screening: Screening for Clinical Depression and Follow-up Plan||87.77||61.98|
|ACO-19||Colorectal Cancer Screening||90.43||64.58|
|ACO-20||Breast Cancer Screening||89.81||70.05|
|ACO-42||Statin Therapy for the Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease||85.29||79.89|
|ACO-27||Diabetes Mellitus: Hemoglobin A1c Poor Control||12.62||16.74|
|ACO-41||Diabetes: Eye Exam||92.88||50.37|
|ACO-28||Hypertension (HTN): Controlling High Blood Pressure||82.94||71.47|
|ACO-30||Ischemic Vascular Disease (IVD): Use of Aspirin or Another Antithrombotic||94.7||86.86|
For 2017 Quality Performance Results please visit: https://data.cms.gov/Special-Programs-Initiatives-Medicare-Shared-Savin/2017-Shared-Savings-Program-SSP-Accountable-Care-O/gk7c-vejx/data
Note: In the Quality Performance Results file(s) above, search for “Aledade Accountable Care 15, LLC” or “Pennsylvania 2018 ACO” to view the quality performance results. This ACO can also be found by using the ACO ID A98866 in the public use files on data.cms.gov.
Payment Rule Waivers
- No, our ACO does not utilize the SNF 3-Day Rule Waiver