The Aledade Fellowship is a one year commitment designed and guided by Aledade’s Leadership Team. Fellows take part in substantive, hands-on projects that foster an understanding of overall operations at Aledade, a fast-growing Series B start up.
- Opportunity for career growth
The program, open to recent college graduates, allows young professionals to learn about various aspects of the company’s business operations, as well as how to most successfully operate in a professional environment. Team-based learning and peer support are central components of the Aledade Fellowship. As a growing start up, Aledade offers recent grads the opportunity to advance their skill-set with increasing responsibilities over time.
- Leadership team dedicated to helping you launch your career
There is an emphasis on becoming an independent contributing member of the Aledade team. In addition, fellows gain a high degree of exposure to management and decision-making processes through participation in leadership meetings and one-on-one time with Aledade executives and team leads.
- Opportunity to experience a variety of Aledade operations
Fellows have the choice to rotate through different focus areas of the organization during the first fellowship year and participate in a peer learning-based fellow training program, culminating in the completion of a capstone project. Based Aledade’s needs and fellows’ first-year experience, fellows will continue on to a second year.
How Fellows Contribute to Aledade
Fellow Job Categories
Fellows are dedicated to one primary role throughout the length of their fellowship (e.g., Provider Networks Fellow, Executive Assistant to CEO or ACO Executive Director, Outreach Fellow, etc.), and will have the opportunity to rotate across focus areas within Aledade for the remaining time. All Aledade teams work closely together. Focus areas will be selected based on current needs at Aledade and a Fellow’s particular interests, including:
- Business Development
- Business Operations (Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Office Management)
- Provider Networks (Practice Transformation, Implementation, ACO Board Management)
- Outreach (Network Expansion)
- Health Policy
- Clinical (Evidence-Based Medicine, Quality Improvement, Patient Engagement)
- Initiatives (Project Management, Resource Development and Distribution)
- Training and Development
- Business Intelligence (SQL, Tableau)
- Data Analytics (SQL, SAS, R, Python)
Attend weekly fellowship meetings:
- Present to other fellows on three topics of your choice based on your focus area experience
- Develop content and training materials for future fellows in a shared location
- Attend guest lectures from other Aledade employees
- Troubleshoot roadblocks and questions other fellows are facing
Throughout the fellowship, Fellows have the opportunity to:
- Receive mentoring by leaders across Aledade who are dedicated to helping Fellows launch their careers
- Attend an Aledade ACO board meeting
- Participate in weekly educational and training opportunities such as team Lunch and Learns
- Participate in Walk and Talks with members of Aledade’s senior leadership team
- Attend relevant national conferences
- Access to leadership and development training
- Participate in recruiting the next class of Aledade Fellows
Fellow Capstone Project
Working with an Aledade lead, complete one capstone project and present your progress and findings to the organization. Past examples include:
- Curating patient success stories
- Overseeing Aledade’s participation in the Million Hearts Program from the application to the implementation of interventions
- Creating a falls risk pilot after researching intervention effectiveness, creating supporting materials, and obtaining provider buy-in
- Managing the MSSP ACO application process
How to Apply to the Aledade Fellowship
Attend an Info Session
- The Fall recruitment cycle for Fellows and Interns starting Summer 2019 is now open! To learn more about the programs, hear from current Fellows, and learn how to apply attend one of our upcoming remote info sessions.
- Applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree by the start of the fellowship, ideally in business management, health policy, health care management, health services, pre-medical studies, biology, or public health, though all majors will be considered.
- Aledade is a company with an exciting, fast paced environment. For this position, we are looking for a candidate who is energetic, nimble and a team player.
- Check back in January to apply for Aledade’s summer internship program
From Our Blog
- What Does It Mean to Be Aledadey? - Tucker Two weeks ago, The New York Times showcased two Aledade partner practices in Kansas. I, like many of my colleagues, excitedly shared this piece …
- Introducing a New Model of Primary Care to Doctors in Lousiana - There aren’t too many opportunities when you can get the present and the future of primary care in the same room. But that’s exactly what …
- Helping Doctors Find the Time for a Conversation - Are conversations between doctors and patients the key to good health care? How well do doctors and patients actually talk to one another? In a …
- Reviewing the Prescription - Natanya At this week’s all-staff meeting, our CEO Farzad Mostashari repeated one phrase again and again. “At Aledade,” he said, “we’re thinking long term.” …
What Fellows Are Saying About Aledade
Aledade has redefined the words “small but mighty” for me since my first day working here. Everyone is willing to help you at any moment, which inspires you to want to do more and work even harder for our practices and organization as a whole.
I wanted my first job in healthcare to be mission-driven, impact-oriented, and an opportunity to gain broad exposure to a company while developing tangible skills. At Aledade I have found all of that and more while working alongside thought leaders and gaining ownership over tasks that have a real, positive impact for patients and doctors on the path to value-based care.
Being a Fellow at Aledade doesn’t feel like an entry level position. We’re encouraged to take on projects that we’re interested in that have a real impact on our team and the whole company. As someone who is interested in a career in medicine and public health, working as a Clinical Fellow at Aledade has been the perfect way to get an up close look at the intersection of those two spaces.
TOC and HR Products Fellow
Working at Aledade has given me the opportunity to grow my understanding of the healthcare world and apply my passion for social justice. In just a few months of working with Aledade’s innovative, dedicated, and collaborative team I feel more confident than ever that we have the power to create the change we need.